Sunday, February 8, 2009

Interview Mistakes

I agree that those are the biggest mistakes that you can make in a job interview, especially not following up on the interview. Towards the end of the interview you should ask about what the next step should be so you can plan accordingly and after the meeting you should send a thank you card or email to show appreciation for the interview.

Yes I have had a job interview; I had to interview for my job at Taco Bell in May 2004. I had to put in an application and take a test. Based on those results, I was asked to come in for an interview. I had never been on an interview before so I was unsure of what to do or say. I wasn’t sure if I needed a resume to work in fast food but I decided to bring it anyway. The interview went pretty smoothly. I was somewhat nervous because I wanted to be honesty but I didn’t want to say anything that would cause me to not get the job. The hiring manager basically gave me an overview of the job and the store and in the end basically quizzed me on the information he presented. He proceeded to ask me about how I felt working there and if I was up for the challenge. At the end of the interview, I presented my resume and he seemed really impressed that I brought it along.

To be prepared for a job interview, a person should be themselves and know the company. I believe the key to getting a job is knowing the main aspects about the company you want to work for and tying your best characteristics to those of the job requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment